The Future of Cyber Security Scotland Conference sessions are carefully curated to inform and engage our audience about the inner workings of what is going on in today’s Cyber Security World and are a must-attend forum for senior management within all financial institutions, law firms, insurance bodies and those responsible for compliance and IT security within their organisation.
This would include chief operating officers, chief information officers, heads of cyber security, data protection and privacy officers, chief information security officers, chief risk officers, heads of compliance, heads of business continuity, heads of legal and heads of strategy, as well as the advisory community.
Session Speakers – Women in Security
Lt Col Wendi Brown – US Army
Jane Frankland – CISO Advisor Speaker, Author & Champion for Women in Cyber Security
Lt Col Wendi Brown
- Coalition Contingency Operations Planner at Headquarters, (NATO)
- U.S. European Command under Cyber Directorate
- Master’s Degree in Cyber Security from university of Maryland
- Bachelor in Business Administration & Finance Howard University
- Deputy Director of Law Enforcement, Defence Logistics Agency
- Brigade Planner & Task Force Commander US Forces Afganistan
- Logistics & Knowledge Management Officer
- Executive Officer Joint Operations Centre U.S Army Germany
- Operation Planner NATO U.S European Command Cyber Directorate
Lt Col Wendi Brown, will join a number of our panels including a focused presentation on Block Chain Technology. Having just completed a Security and Risk Management Course at PGI Cyber Training Academy in UK, Wendi said there was just one setback.
WHERE WHERE THE WOMEN?! In a full class of about 14 people, Wendi was the only woman, Something has to change Wendi says.
- CISO Advisor, Speaker, Author & Champion for Women in Cyber Security
- Managing Director, Founder, Cyber Security Capital
- Managing Director, KnewStart Penetration Testing & cyber Security Companies
- Advisory Board Member Club CISO
- Head of Business Development UK & Europe SensePost
Jane Frankland, is a successful cyber security entrepreneur, author, speaker and business consultant. She is also a Board Advisor for ClubCISO, a private forum for over 140 senior cyber security FTSE leaders, and has been nominated for Cyber Security Woman of the Year 2016. Through her latest venture Cyber Security Capital, is helping to mobilise a cyber security workforce by connecting people, opportunities and resources.
Jane believes passionately in entrepreneurship, empowerment and freedom.
She has built and sold her own seven-figure global cyber security and penetration testing consultancy and is frequently invited to speak about women in business and cyber security at events around the world.
Jane has over 18 years worth of experience in cyber security and has held directorships and senior executive positions within her own companies and at several large PLCs, including The NCC Group.
SBNN EXCLUSIVE OFFER
SBNN has teamed up with conference organisers, OSP Security Professionals to make an EXCLUSIVE offer to SBNN readers only.
We have TEN Partner tickets to give away to the first people you email us with the answer to the Competition Below:
What does GDPR stand for ?
Please email email@example.com with your name, contact details and answer and put in the subject line –
The Future of Cyber Security Conference – SBNN competition.
Security Professionals Gala Dinner – Guest Speaker -Lord Paddy Ashdown
After serving as a Royal Marine and Special Boat Services (SBS) Officer and as an Intelligence Officer in the UK Security Services, Lord Ashdown became a Member of Parliament for Yeovil from 1983-2001.
An accomplished author Lord Ashdown will give an insightful reading from his latest best seller GAME OF SPIES.
Complete programme – 12 topics to be covered
- Understanding the Policing Challenge
- The UK threat landscape what does it mean
- GDPR the countdown
- Legal IT Security
- Insuring for Cyber Loss
- Demystifying Cyber Insurance
- Reducing risk and ensuring compliance
- Positive action recruitment for women in Security
- Data breaches on the Dark Web
- The use of new technology
- Block Chain Technology and its benefits
- Proactive Cyber Defence